Keep military documents safe and access them from anywhere
With Google Drive, you'll never have to worry about finding your DD 214, duty history, awards, orders, promotions — even your hand-carried medical records — ever again. Keep these important documents in your Drive, a virtual file cabinet you can access from any computer, anywhere in the world. And when you upload files to Google Drive, they will always be private - unless you choose to share them with someone else.
Scan your files and save them to your computer
To scan your files and save them to your computer, follow these steps:
- Scan your file, following the instructions for your scanner. If you aren't sure how to scan a document, you can do a Google search for "How to scan [Model Name/Number]."
- Save your scanned files to your computer, making sure to name each document. For example, "Andy's DD-214" or "Duty History - Sarah Smith."
Please note that size limit varies by document or file type.
Sign in to Google Drive
Upload your documents
Now you can begin uploading your documents into Google Drive - your virtual file cabinet:
In your Drive, click the Upload icon and select Files... from the drop-down menu.
- Select the file you'd like to upload to Google Drive. To select multiple files, press Shift or Ctrl while selecting files.
- Your file will be uploaded to Google Drive and you can find it in your Documents List at drive.google.com.
- Your Drive documents and files will always be private unless you choose to share them with others.
Now, anytime you sign in to Google Drive - from any computer, anywhere around the globe - you'll be able to access and view all of your military documents.
For additional upload options, including folder upload and advanced settings, you can read the file upload guide in the Google Drive Help Center.
More Tools for Veterans
Record your military story
- Keep military documents safe and access them from anywhere
- Store and share videos from your service
- Relive your service through photos
- Make a map of where the military has taken you
- Watch 3D virtual tours of service and build your own tour soon