Sign in to your YouTube account
Go to www.youtube.com, click Sign in in the top right corner, and enter your Google Account login information. This is the same username and password you use Google Drive, Gmail or any other Google product.
If you don't have a YouTube or Google Account already:
- lick Sign in in the top right corner of www.youtube.com.
- Click Create Account in the top right corner.
- Enter some basic information in order to create your new Google Account.
- Your new Google Account is what you’ll use to sign in to YouTube in the future (you'll also be able to use this username and password to log in to other Google products like Gmail, Drive, Google+ and Wallet).
Listen, learn and connect
The Google Veterans Channel on YouTube is a good way for you to listen to other people’s stories, learn from their experiences, and connect to other members of the veteran community.
Go to www.youtube.com/veterans and choose from one of the following categories. Then watch, listen and explore on the channel. You may also share a video with your friends by emailing it or sharing it through your social networks.
- Finding a Civilian Job
- Going Back to School
- Managing Finances
- Continuing to Serve
- Communicating Experiences to Loved Ones
- Getting Help/Taking Care of Yourself
Share your story
To share your story with the community on the Google Veterans Channel on YouTube, you can upload a video you've already recorded, or you can use a webcam to record one. To record a video using your webcam and YouTube:
- Go to the Google Veterans Channel at www.youtube.com/veterans.
- Click Upload, then Record from webcam.
- If you see a message about requesting access to your camera and microphone, click the Allow button.
- You should see yourself on screen. Click the Record button to start recording your video. When you're finished recording, click the red square button.
- If you'd like to watch your video, click Preview. If you're satisfied with it, click the Publish button. Need a second take? Click the Re-record button to try again.
- Once you publish your video, you'll be able to adjust the settings. If you only want certain people to see your video, click Unlisted. This way, only those people with whom you share your video link will be able to view it.
- Click Save Changes when you're done.
More Tools for Veterans
Explore your life after service
- Build your resume and get started on your future
- Help your favorite veterans' non-profit
- Track your investments
- Keep track of your expenses with free software
- Follow current events
- Pick up suggestions for your transition