Track your investments
If you've invested in stocks or mutual funds, Google Finance can give you up-to-the-minute info on everything in your portfolio for free. It's also a great tool for researching longer-term market trends.
Research financial trends
The Google Finance homepage provides financial news, stock market information, mutual fund data and information about companies. Learn about the most current market and economic trends so you can make smart investment decisions before building your portfolio.
The Trends section on the Google Finance homepage shows you which companies are the biggest movers across many categories. Stay informed about big changes in basic stock metrics like price change, market cap and volume. You can also see the unique market insight gained from knowing which companies have seen the biggest increases and decreases in searches on Google.
Create your portfolio
To create a Google Finance portfolio, follow these steps:
- Visit www.google.com/finance and sign in to your Google Account.
- Click Portfolios in the left navigation bar of the Google Finance homepage.
- Click Create a Portfolio on the right side of the page.
- Name your portfolio and click OK.
If you want to add a company or fund to your portfolio, you can do so directly from the portfolio page or you can click Add to Portfolio at the top of the company or mutual fund search result.
Track and edit your portfolio
Google Finance portfolios allow you to track your buys and sells. We refer to every buy and sell you make as an individual transaction. Your portfolio also records commissions, transaction dates, returns, and cash deposits and withdrawals.
Here's how to add a transaction to your Google Finance portfolio:
- Sign in to Google Finance with your username and password at www.google.com/finance.
- Click Portfolios in the top left of the navigation bar of the Google Finance homepage.
- In the blue Portfolios bar, select the portfolio in which the transaction should take place.
- In the gray Add Symbol bar you can enter the stock symbol. You can also Add transaction data like transaction date, price and number of shares. The rest of the fields are optional.
- Click Add to portfolio and the transaction will be added to your portfolio.
Google Finance on the go!
The markets don't stop when you leave your desk, so we've brought the markets to your mobile device. No matter where you are, you can keep up with your portfolio, the latest market news and the sectors you care about, with real-time quotes and data -- all at a glance.
You can easily access the Google Finance site when you do a Google search for stock tickers or company names on your mobile device or when you click the Finance tab on the Google mobile homepage.
More Tools for Veterans
Explore your life after service
- Build your resume and get started on your future
- Help your favorite veterans' non-profit
- Track your investments
- Keep track of your expenses with free software
- Follow current events
- Pick up suggestions for your transition