Create a profile
Fill in all of the entry fields to complete your profile. These include:
- Military Branch
- Enlistment Date
- Discharge Date
- Places stationed (and dates you were stationed at them)
If you'd like to find the public profiles of other veterans and allow them to find you, make sure you check the box.
Then click Save and search.
After clicking Save and search you will be shown veterans who share similar service experiences or live nearby. To connect with them, just create circles and add them to your circles.
Here's how to create circles:
- Visit plus.google.com/circles.
Select the people you want to include in your circle. You can select more than one person at a time by clicking on more than one name tile or dragging your mouse over multiple tiles.
- Drag and drop the tiles into the blank circle that says Drop here to create a new circle.
- Each time you drop people into a circle, we'll display a number showing you how many people you've added. If you add someone to a circle they're already in, they won't be added again.
- To name your circle, click Create circle. A pop-up box will appear for you to edit the circle name. Circle names are visible only to you.
You can put the same person into as many circles as you like. For example, your brother might belong in both your "Service Buddies" and "Family" circles. We'll notify a person that you've added them to a circle, but they won't be able to see the circle name or who else is in the circle.
More Tools for Veterans
Connect with fellow veterans
- Find and meet other veterans
- Collaborate on a map of your service
- Watch 3D virtual tours of service and build your own tour soon
- Talk with up to ten veterans in a group video chat
- Help fellow veterans through their transition
- Share selectively with other veterans you are close with