Collaborate on a map of your service
Discover how to create a map that tells your story, personalize it and share it. Visit the Make a map of where the military has taken you page to learn how. Once you build your custom map, you can invite your loved ones to incorporate their stories with yours, no matter where they are.
Collaborate on a custom map
In order to invite others to collaborate with you on a custom map, visit mapsengine.google.com/maps and click the Open a map button.
- Open the map you want to invite your friends to by clicking its name.
Click the Share button in the top right corner to open the invitation dialog box.
Enter the email addresses of the people you want to collaborate with. You can also add a message. Then click Send invitations.
You can also decide whether collaborators are allowed to invite others for collaboration and whether you want your map to be editable by anyone. At the bottom of the box you can change the permissions of the collaborators.
Update the permissions to allow collaborators to add people and change the permissions
More Tools for Veterans
Connect with fellow veterans
- Find and meet other veterans
- Collaborate on a map of your service
- Watch 3D virtual tours of service and build your own tour soon
- Talk with up to ten veterans in a group video chat
- Help fellow veterans through their transition
- Share selectively with other veterans you are close with