Do your part to bridge the gap
Give voice to your experiences and share them with those who have not served. Help educate civilians about the importance and complexity of military service by uploading a video.
Sign in to your YouTube account
Go to www.youtube.com, click Sign in in the top right corner, and enter your Google Account login information. This is the same username and password you use for Google Drive, Gmail or any other Google product.
If you don't have a YouTube or Google Account already:
- Click Sign in in the top right of www.youtube.com.
- Click Create Account in the top right corner.
- Enter some basic information in order to create your new Google Account.
- Your new Google Account is what you’ll use to sign in to YouTube in the future (you’ll also be able to use this username and password to log in to other Google products like Gmail, Drive, Google+ and Wallet).
Share your story
To share your story with the community on the Google Veterans Channel on YouTube, you can upload a video you've already recorded or you can use a webcam to record one. To record and upload a video using your webcam and YouTube:
- Go to the Google Veterans Channel at www.youtube.com/veterans.
- Click Upload, then Record from webcam.
- If you see a message about requesting access to your camera and microphone, click the Allow button.
- You should see yourself on screen. Click the Record button to start recording your video. When you're finished recording, click the red square button.
- If you'd like to watch your video, click Preview. If you're satisfied with it, click the Publish button. Need a second take? Click the Re-record button to try again.
- Once you publish your video, you'll be able to adjust the settings. If you only want certain people to see your video, click Unlisted under the 'Broadcasting and Sharing Options' section. This way, only those with whom you share the video link will be able to view your video.
- Click Save Changes when you're done.