Write your resume and edit it with a friend
Use Google Drive to build a professional-looking resume that summarizes your experience, education and skills. Once you're done, share it with a friend who can proofread it for you.
Build your resume
Google's Resume Builder lets you create a professional-looking resume in a flash.
- Visit the Google Resume Builder.
- Fill in the form with your professional information. Most fields are optional, so include the information you consider necessary or advantageous. Then just pick a template and your resume will be built automatically!
Edit or modify your resume
You can edit, update or modify your completed resume at any time. Here's how:
- Visit drive.google.com and sign in to your Google Account. Once you're signed in to Google Drive, you'll land on your Documents List.
- Locate your resume in your Documents List by scrolling through or searching your documents.
- Click on the file name to open your resume.
- Make any changes or updates. Your resume will be automatically saved for your next visit. To download a PDF of the updated version, follow the instructions in Step 3.
Note: If you want to view an older version of your resume, you can select See revision history from the File menu at any time.
Send your resume to potential employers
From the File menu, scroll to Download as... and select PDF.
- A PDF file containing your resume will download to your computer.
- If you're emailing your resume to a prospective employer, attach the PDF to the email. If you're mailing a hard copy of your resume, print the PDF from your PDF viewer.
More Tools for Families
Connect with Peer Support
- Start or join a group with other military families
- Write your resume and edit it with a friend
- Memorialize a loved one
- Start or join a video chat with up to ten people