Start or join a group with other military families
Google+ circles provide a great way to connect with others in a similar situation. Meet other people with loved ones in the military and share things exclusively with them.
Organize friends, family, acquaintances and more into Google+ circles
To get started, sign up for Google+ at plus.google.com - it's free and anyone can join. You can then add friends and family who are already on Google+ and organize them however you want into your Google+ Circles. For example, you might create a circle for "Family" and another for "Vets."
Here's how to create circles:
- Go to plus.google.com/circles.
Select the people you want to include in your circle. You can select more than one person at a time by clicking on more than one name tile.
- Drag and drop the tiles into the blank circle that says Drop here to create a new circle.
- Each time you drop people into a circle, we'll display a number showing you how many people you've added. If you try to add someone to a circle they're already in, they won't be added again.
- To name your circle, click Create circle. A pop-up box will appear for you to edit the circle name. Circle names are visible only to you.
You can put the same person into as many circles as you like. For example, your brother might belong in both your "Service Buddies" and "Family" circles. We'll notify a person that you've added them to a circle, but they won't be able to see the circle name or who else is in the circle.
Share a thought, photo or link in the Google+ stream
The stream is the place in Google+ to have meaningful conversations with the people you care about. It centralizes all the content people have shared with you. When you share with people either individually or through a circle, your content will appear in their stream. Here's how to share a thought, photo, video, or link to one or more of the circles you've created:
- Go to plus.google.com and sign in to Google+.
- Click the Share box at the top of the stream.
- Enter your post.
- To specify people who can see your post, click Add more people, then enter the appropriate circles or names. If anyone you're trying to share with isn't on Google+ yet, you can choose whether you want to share your post via email with them.
- Click one of the icons in the lower right corner of the Share box to add a photo, video, link or location to your post.
- If you'd like, you can lock your post or disable comments.
- Click Share.
You can also start or join a video chat from the Google+ stream.
More Tools for Families
Connect with Peer Support
- Start or join a group with other military families
- Write your resume and edit it with a friend
- Memorialize a loved one
- Start or join a video chat with up to ten people